Benefits & Requirements
The company is a small Classic Car dealer located in the Oxfordshire countryside. We have a modern culture, energetic personalities and work in a positive, thriving environment. We are looking for someone with the right attitude to support us and keep up with our busy pace.
The company is rapidly growing and in need of resource to offer excellent and competent workshop skills.
We are looking for a Stock/Inventory Controller to manage our inventory and purchase merchandise based on our company’s needs.
Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
This position will support a team of people assisting the day-to-day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to plan ahead and liaise with colleagues to ensure work is delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s stock levels meet business needs, by overseeing purchases and pricing reports, replenishing levels when necessary, and monitoring shipments or internal transfers between departments within one business.
The position is responsible for supporting the workshop Heads of Departments and Technicians.
In order to achieve this the Stock/Inventory Controller – (Store Technician) will be responsible for:
- Checking stock levels regularly, forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock.
- Completing the required paperwork when ordering stock.
- Updating stock information on the computer system.
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals, search for alternative Suppliers.
- Comparing items received against items ordered.
- Implementing or improving processes and procedures.
- Compiling daily reports and addressing inventory discrepancies.
- Maintaining records of pricing, purchases, and other relevant information.
- Performing random checks and audits.
- To work alongside the Operations Coordinator to ensure that stock control, parts supplies and logistics – goods receipt, checking quantities, dispatching goods are undertaken within a timely manner.
- Raising purchase orders entering purchase details (vendors information, invoices, and pricing) into internal databases, Place orders to replenish parts as needed. Ensure purchases do not exceed budget.
- Ensure parts and material supplies are stocked and stacked correctly. Allocating storage of products, particularly of fragile items.
- Liaise with workshop staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Responsible for the all-site facilities/maintenance
- Driving cars for MOT and parts runs.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Passionate about cars and preferably with experience of Classic Cars. Proven experience working in a workshop environment. You should be familiar within the motor industry and have a good understanding of all parts required.
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manageror similar role.
- Engineering Trade Qualification – preferably Mechanic or Bodyshop Technician or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from workshop floor to senior management.
- Basic computer literacy including ideally Outlook, Word, Excel and web based applications.
- Customer, quality and productivity focused.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
- Inventory Audits