Jensen Coupe (Nov 1976) – feat in JOC magazine
- Original colour
- Extensive works by ourselves in the mid-nineties
- Remote central locking
- One of only 39 registered
- Superb history folder
- Recent works:
- Replace steering column lower bush and coupling
- Full service – includes oils, filters, spark plugs, leads
- Replace front OS brake pipe
- Drain and refill brake fluid
- Replace brake pads
- Service handbrake mechanism
- Replace brake caliper piston boots
- Re-lag fuel pipes
- Replace engine belts
- Drain, flush water system, re-fill with Evans waterless coolant (http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/)
- Replace all 4 heater eyeball vents
- Re-veneer all wooden dash
- Fit new high output starter motor
- Fit new A/C system (includes new compressor, new pipework and electrics)
- 3,000 Mile/3 Month warranty*
The example presented here is the best that we have seen of this very rare model of car. Fastidiously maintained and presented in its original colour of Pine Green.
The car has an extensive history folder which contains photographic evidence of considerable metal work carried out by ourselves in the mid-nineties. Further to this there are a raft of receipts from other specialists and a concours winning certificate from 1996.
This car has been looked after for all of its life and it is clear to see. This is a great opportunity to own a very rare and interesting piece of the Jensen story.
Vehicle Model History
Born out of financial necessity, the rarest of the Interceptor variants was the Coupé version introduced in 1975. Just over 39 were registered in the one year remaining to the company before its demise. The administrators that took over Jensen in the final months wanted to see if the company could trade its way out of trouble. With several Convertible bodies still available the decision was made to build a Coupé style roof onto the convertible body hence the Coupé lacked the traditional rear window of the regular hard top car.