Jensen FF MKI – AWA (1969)
This elegant four-wheel drive Jensen Interceptor FF is now available from us.
On the road this FF is sure-footed and pulls well. The extra weight over the front wheels on the FF models avoids any vagueness in the steering at higher cruising speeds whilst the engine being mounted behind the front axle to make room for the front differential ensures that it’s not ‘nose-heavy’ through the corners.
Finished in a fresh silver colour the car keeps its beautiful original beige leather interior and walnut fascia.
All round this car is superb. The condition is beautiful and the drive is even better. An extremely good example of a rare and interesting GT car.
- 4 owners from new (verified)
- Recent complete bodywork restoration and paintwork. Includes new bonnet.
- Original Rostyle steel wheels
- Full engine rebuild in 2011
- Braking overhaul in 2010
- Full leather clean and feed and carpet clean in 2022
- New veneer in centre console
- New air filter and housing
- Full service and cooling system maintenance
- Engine bay refurbishment
- Various invoices over the years in history file
- 3,000 Mile/3 Month warranty*
Test drives are invited by appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Vehicle Model History
Launched in 1966 the Jensen FF was the first non all-terrain production car equipped with four-wheel drive and an anti-lock braking system; the Dunlop Maxaret mechanical anti-lock braking system had previously been used only on aircraft, lorries, and racing cars.
The letters FF stand for Ferguson Formula, after Ferguson Research Ltd., who invented the car’s four-wheel drive system. The FF is related to the similar-looking, rear-wheel drive Jensen Interceptor, but is 127 mm (5.0 in) longer, and mechanically very different.
Powered by the bomb-proof Chrysler 6.3l V8 the FF also performs as well as it looks. A true piece of automotive history and in our eyes the ‘halo’ car of the Jensen range.