Benefits & Requirements
We have a modern culture, energetic personalities and work in a positive, thriving environment. We are looking for someone with the right attitude to support us and keep up with our busy pace.
The company is rapidly growing and in need of resource to offer excellent and competent workshop skills.
This position is to aid with the growth of the business, you will be part of a talented small team assisting with Bodyshop restoration to Jensen Classic cars. It requires the job holder to work with the Paint Studio Manager and ensure work is delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
Preparation of bodywork and panels inc steel, aluminium, and fibreglass.
- Proficient in filler work to a high standard.
- Old school Bodyshop techniques alongside modern materials.
- Able to work unsupervised and producing high quality work consistently.
To achieve this the Bodyshop Technician will be responsible for:
- Preparing vehicles/ panels for paintwork/Sanding, Filling, Shaping and Profiling.
- Masking vehicles in preparation for paintwork.
- Carrying out damage repairs.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
- Clean and check cars prior to primer process for visible defects.
- Ensuring that you always follow safety procedures Adhere to all requirements for hazardous or non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the painting of vehicles.
- Ensure that all operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard.
- Ensure that all operations are completed to the required timescale – Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- Previous experience of Bodyshop Preparation work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- Ability to work with people at various levels from workshop floor to senior management.
- Customer, quality, and productivity focused.
Basic computer literacy, ipad training will be given.
- Passionate about cars and preferably with experience of Classic Cars.
- Proven experience working within an automotive Bodyshop as a vehicle technician and understand vehicle repair methods.
- Be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of all aspects of preparing vehicles ready for paint.
- You will need to work efficiently but to a very high standard.
Health and Safety / Team Working
- Company pension
- Wellness programme