Benefits & Requirements
Our company boasts a dynamic culture, filled with lively individuals, and operates within a thriving and upbeat work environment. We seek an individual with a positive mindset and the ability to keep up with our fast-paced work setting to support us.
As we continue to expand, we require additional resources with exceptional workshop skills to provide competent and outstanding services.
We are in search of an individual to join our skilled and closely-knit team to aid in our business growth. As a team member, you will be responsible for supporting the restoration of mechanical and electrical components on Jensen Classic cars. Your work will involve collaborating closely with the Mechanics Manager to ensure that all tasks are completed to an exceptional standard and delivered promptly.
Advanced auto electrical work
Skills on old 60’s through to modern: engines, braking and suspension
Basic and advanced auto mechanics
- Experience troubleshooting electrical faults and installing new wiring up to and including a full new wiring loom across an entire classic car.
- Experience with aftermarket/3rd party ECU and GCU software setup and configuration.
- Desirable to have previous resto-mod experience and/or motorsport experience to be able to recommend and setup modern upgrades on older cars and understand the effect additional power and braking has on the chassis.
- Excellent engine diagnostic skills to determine solutions.
- Excellent engine knowledge capabilities including carburettor experience.
- Excellent ability to assess mechanical issues and the time and capability to fix them (on older 60’s engines through to modern engines)
- Excellent dismantling and build up skills for an entire engine, brakes, suspension.
- Experience in vehicle restoration.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer orientation.
- A desired minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Auto Electrical role.
- Previous relevant training at college/Uni or professional training body
- Experience of working in a team and longer-term projects over 6 months.
- Ensure that all good housekeeping standards are adhered to.
- Assist in generating full assessment reports for new work including estimated billable hours.
- Accurately communicate technical issues and implications
- Keep key staff fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion date/times.
- Document all completed work on the job card, ensuring job details, hours and materials are accurately recorded.
- Work in a way which minimises the risk of damage to the vehicle and its systems.
- Fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
- Mechanical assembly: 5 years (required)
Health and Safety / Team Working
- Contribute to Annual Risk Assessment and take responsibility for Body workshop requirements.
- Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the Company.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy and that all staff are familiar with Health and Safety Regulation
- Safeguard and protect the customer’s vehicle and its contents while being repaired, ensuring adequate protection is used in every vehicle during repair.
- Leading by example; create and maintain positive working relationships.
Quality Assurance tasks
- Ensure that quality control procedure is carried out according to company guidelines.
- To use and maintain company equipment to the highest standards and report all breakages, losses or malfunctions.